Saturday, February 11

Inspiration: Scrabble


I had Scrabble as a class in college for PE. I know, lame right? But I wasn't not athletic (I'm still not), and I didn't want to get all sweaty. And besides, I LOVE board games.

So here's an inspiration board dedicated to Scrabble, one of my all-time favorite games.



1. Backyard Scrabble (via Sunset) -- a home project by architect Kristy McAuliffe. It was made from a wood frame, poured concrete that was scored into squares and separated by joints. Colored squares were made from water-based concrete stains. Letter tiles were made from baseboard trim with precut, adhesive-backed vinyl letters and numbers sealed with spray lacquer. Tile trays were created by a metal artist friend.

2. Scrabble Placecards (via Caroline Tran) -- DIY this using cardstock and your desktop printer. Glue in one scrabble tile unto a letter. Et voila!

3. Lettered Pillows (via shopdirsta) -- made-to-order pillows. I can see this as diy-able if you are great at sewing. You can sew white letters/numbers on grey fabric. If you don't know how to sew like me (I should really learn how to sew), use some fabric spray paint and freezer paper to stencil in the letters/numbers.


And because I love my readers, here is a free scrabble love print for you to use. Just copy the image.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...