Tuesday, January 8

Food: Wild for Wildflour Cafe + Bakery



Last week, I wrote about this little tea heaven down at 4th and 26th in Bonifacio Global City. Right next to it is this cafe/bakery called Wildflour.

I took my cousin there and treated her for dinner. It was one of my Christmas gifts to her. The other one was a Jamie Oliver's cookbook. She's a chef, I'm a foodie. We went together. Go figure.



The place is very casual. The details remind me of a cottage home. There's the kitchen stripe on the table napkin, some wooden board to plate the bread and white dish for the butter, glass bottle for water, and a white bus-roll-inspired menu.


The ceiling made use of wood slats with some pendant glass lights. There's also a white brick wall displaying some art works.

Here's my cousin. I hope she doesn't kill me for posting this. :p


We had some baked escargot (yup, snails) and roasted bone marrow for appetizers.

The baked escargot came in little white baking cups, covered in puff pastry.


It was smothered with garlic butter, but I couldn't taste the garlic.


Now the roasted bone marrow is a whole different story. It came with ciabatta and mango salsa.


It was to die for. So yummy.


For the main course, I had the braised beef short ribs. It was so tender and very flavorful.


My cousin had their steak with kimchi rice. I tasted it, and it was really yummy too. I'll probably order this next time.


But the best part was dessert. We shared a serving of Tres Leches. It was so good, I could have finished one myself.



Simot to the last drop! Haha.


Our dinner was probably about P3,000 give or take. It was well worth it.

Wildflour Cafe + Bakery
G/F Net Lima Building
4th Avenue corner 26th Street
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig 
(02) 856-7600

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. afraid of the roasted bone marrow, but i'm sure it was yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why? Don't you like taktak in bulalo?

      Delete
    2. Is that the so-called 'utak'? Might raise cholesterol level. :(

      Delete
    3. Yes! Haha, oh I just realized that "utak" is the correct term. "Taktak" was our term when we were kids, and obviously it stuck. Haha!

      Delete
  2. everything looks yum.. you made me hungry. :-) Wonder who owns the place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it when you visit. It's Chef Walter & Margarita Manzke's, I think.

      Delete
  3. the roasted bone marrow looks delish. and that tres leches...homaygad.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...