Monday, January 21

Stationery Love: The Met's Ionic Correspondence Cards


Let's start the week with another stationery love.

One of my personal favorites is this set of correspondence cards from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. This was given to me by my dear sister-in-law. It features a gold-embossed Ionic column, the design of which was adapted from the actual marble Ionic column part inside the museum. The capital and shaft was once part of the Temple of Artemis in Sardis.

It's very simple but very elegant. It comes in a blue sturdy box, which contains 25 cards and envelopes. Each correspondence card has the gold-embossed ionic column on top of fine white stock.

You know, I always feel short-changed about stationery sets with only 10 pieces in them. It makes me hesitant to use them. Haha. I think 25 is the perfect number.



Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Aimee, isn't it? I wish there were more stationery like this available in the Philippines. :)

      Delete
  2. i can see why it's your favorite dear. I personally love my own personalized stationaries - wether its whimsical or fancy, I think something with our name on it, gives it a little more extra - a touch of class and of course, personality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I've been meaning to have some made for myself, but I always forget. Haha!

      Delete
    2. Here in the states, my faves are from TINYPRINTS, but for bulk and cheaper stationary, nothing beats VISTAPRINT, I always get 50% off from RETAILMENOT when I order too! :-)

      Delete
    3. back there in pinas, I remember I got my cheap stationary from RECTO!!!! Yup, being an FEU alumnus, I frequented the "scary" area a lot and had befriended a lot of the invitation/card makers there! hehehe! Anything for a bargain kumbaga! LOL!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...