Thursday, April 25

Food: Early Bird Breakfast Club


My in-laws always try to celebrate each of our birthdays (every one up to the grandkids) by having dinner out together. Because we usually have around 10 people in our party, 16 if we're complete every time, we seldom find a restaurant that makes every one happy with the food and service. Every single time, we get bad food, bad service, and sometimes, even both. I shall not mention those restaurants here because I strive to keep this blog happy and positive. *smile*

We found a cute restaurant tucked in a little secret (or maybe not-so-secret anymore) spot at the Strip area of Global City a couple of weeks back. It's called Early Bird Breakfast Club. My husband and I love eating breakfast food any time of the day. We tried it one afternoon, and we loved the coziness and the food. We loved the place so much that we decided to have dinner here with the family on my birthday. I was secretly scared that bad service for a dinner party as big as ours might ruin it forever for me. But I really was cheering them on in my mind. They did not disappoint. I am so glad they broke our birthday dinner curse of bad service and bad food. I couldn't be happier.


The first thing I noticed is their interiors. This full wall mural on the right side when you come in. The teal wall color is adorned by a whimsy white outline illustration of birds and foliage. If you want a casual and intimate seating for two, choose the tables located on this side. The tables are a bit small if you are planning to order lots, but they are perfect for coffee and snacks. Don't you just love the colorful herringbone pattern on the chairs? They perfectly complement the wall.






They use black metal birds as tea light holders. Just adorable. It's all in the details.


Check out the different patterns in the restaurant up close -- herringbone, chevron and whimsical birds.


Find them in the view of the main dining area below. The different patterns really work well together. I took this photo from the loft. If you have an event of about twenty people, I think this is a good place to have it.


The opposite wall of the mural displays a cute chevron pattern wall around a series of mirrored panes on wood panels. There is also an array of rustic pendant wire lamps that reminded me of the subtle steampunk version of Restoration Hardware.


While trying to decide on what to get for food, the friendly waiters came by and gave Allie a placemat that she can color on.


I tried their signature iced teas --- Lemon Mint (left) and Passonfruit (right). The passionfruit iced tea is a wonderful new addition, because the first time we were there, it was not in the menu. I must say that it is now my favorite, and I would go back for seconds. I wish they had unlimited versions available. Haha. They also serve their house water infused with citrus fruits on small blush-colored fishbowl glasses. 

Lemon Mint Iced Tea (P125); Passionfruit Iced Tea (P125)
For appetizers, we ordered some French Toast Fondue. They are slices of caramelized French toasts with sides of cinnamon sugar, maple syrup and melted chocolate. The dips were served on clean egg shells placed on white ceramic egg holders. I love the melted chocolate dip. After the bread was finished, I scooped all the chocolate with a teaspoon. *wink*

French Toast Fondue (P210)
Allie loved this so much, she hogged her favorite dip, cinnamon sugar. 


Another irresistible item on their menu was the Choco Banana Berry French Toast. The combination of Nutella, fresh bananas and blueberry jam in between rounds of caramelized French toasts is just heavenly. 

Choco Banana Berry French Toast (P295)

We tried their Eggs Benedict, which had toasted English mufffin with warm honey roast ham, poached eggs and was smothered with hollandaise sauce. It's not the cheapest item on the menu, but I can eat this any time of the day. 

Eggs Benedict (P420)
We also got their Breakfast Sausage Tart, which had sausage, egg, bacon, mushrooms and ripe tomatoes with a tomato and pepper salsa. The one in the shot glass is their own tomato ketchup recipe. My husband doesn't usually eat vegetables, but he loved this one.

Breakfast Sausage Tart (P285)
If you love your beef tapa, try the Early Bird version of Tenderloin Tapa. It is tapa made from tenderloin tips in sweet marinade served with sinangag (garlic fried rice) and your choice of egg. It is one of the best ones I've had. Allie loved it too, I think she had about ten baby spoonfuls of rice, scrambled eggs and tapa.

Tenderloin Tapa (P375)

My photo didn't do this next food item justice, so I'm borrowing this photo from Early Bird Breakfast Club's facebook page. A true breakfast of champions, The Early Bird Full English is composed of one English banger (sausage), two strips of bacon, mushrooms, ripe grilled tomatoes, two fried bread, hash potatoes and baked beans topped with two fried eggs. It tastes as good as it looks.

The Early Bird Full English (P495)
At the end of our meal, the guys at Early Bird gave me my favorite cake -- Chocolate and Whiskey Torte, a soft chocolate and whiskey ganache over crushed ginger biscuits, topped with whipped cream and a slice of fresh strawberry. It wasn't too sweet, and tasted like dark chocolate, just the way I love cakes. 


We were all very satisfied with their yummy food and service. The food presentation is consistently amazing. I know I will always recommend this place to my friends. It does not matter if it's for coffee or for dinner. Breakfast food is not just for mornings anymore -- not with Early Bird Breakfast Club in the scene. 

===

Go here for their menu.
It's a bit hard to find if you don't know where to go, but here is a helpful illustration to help you out. It's in the building where Urbn Bar is located.


Early Bird Breakfast Club
Unit C G/F Fort Pointe 2 Bldg.,
The Fort Complex, 28th Street,
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City

Open Sun-Thu 7am to 10pm, and Fri-Sat 24 hours
Reservations accepted (02) 808 9269


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. eating there seems to be such a pleasure because of the lovely interiors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks so yummy Mommy G, and of course, the interior looks so 'sossy'! Glad you had a happy birthday dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I super love their tapa too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...