Monday, June 24

Event: The Return of the Vintage Pizzas


One of the California Pizza Kitchen experiences that I remember is when my friends and I went to Alabang Town Center more than 10 years ago (oh em gee I'm old), and we got the Peking Duck pizza. I loved it so much that I was so disappointed when they took it off the menu.

I got so giddy when I received this invitation to try out their vintage pizzas, Peking Duck included. I just had to go. I even asked my husband to change cars with me (I was coding* that day) so I can go to Makati.

*To my dear non-PH readers, we have this system in Metro Manila where you can't use your car based on your plate one day a week. This is to lessen the volume of cars on the road. We have an open window from 9 am to 3 pm when you can use any car, with the exception of the sovereign state of Makati. 

Right before they brought out the vintage pizzas, the good people of CPK sent out shots of their soups: Sedona Tortilla and Mushroom Cappuccino.

Sedona Tortilla Soup: Tomatoes, tomatillos and corn with mild creen chillies and
Southwestern spices Garnished with tortilla strips
Mushroom Cappuccino Soup: Fresh button mushrooms, abalone and Shiitake cream soup
topped with milk froth and nutmeg

They also had us taste their Moroccan Chicken Salad. The reason I haven't had this yummy salad before is that I always go with my comfort food at CPK -- their Thai Crunch. But after having this one, I am surely going to get this again. What I love about it are the squash, dates and avocado. Although I haven't had the acquired taste for beets, the beets in this salad do not taste too earthy so I still like it.

Moroccan-spiced chicken, Romaine, roasted squash, dates, avocado,
toasted almonds, beets, chopped egg, carrots, dried cranberries
and bell peppers. Tossed with honey Dijon vinaigrette.

CPK brought back five vintage pizzas with their original topping formula, with a new hand-stretched pizza dough. It's lighter and puffier than their old crust recipe.

Goat Cheese Pizza -- my current favorite. It's a veggie pizza yet I was a convert!

Goat cheese, Mozzarella, sauteed onion, grilled eggplant, red and yellow peppers
with tomato sauce. Garnished with parsley.

Tostada Chicken Pizza -- it's like an open soft taco.
Southwestern black beens, Monterey Jack, Queso Quesadilla and grilled chicken breast
topped with lettuce, chunky fresh tomato salsa, ranch dressing, scallion greens
and crispy tortilla strips.

Santa Fe Chicken Pizza -- if you're a burrito lover, you're going to love this one.
Grilled chicken breast, caramelized onions, Mozzarella cheese. Topped with cilantro,
chunky fresh tomato salsa, sour cream and fresh guacamole

Teriyaki Chicken Pizza
Teriyaki chicken strips, Mozzarella, Queso Quesadilla, red and yellow
peppers, red onions, slivered scallions with a Teriyaki-ginger sauce

Peking Duck Pizza -- it was served two ways... one was wrong -- instead of Shiitake, they put in black beans. Haha.

Roasted duck, Shiitake mushrooms, Mozzarella and hoisin ginger sauce. Garnished
with fried wontons, hoisin ginger sauce and slivered scallions.

DEAL ALERT: For you vintage pizza lovers, CPK also has this promotion where you get this CPK Vintage Passport when you order a vintage pizza. Every time you order a vintage pizza, you'll get a stamp. Once you collect 5 stamps, you will receive P500 worth of CPK gift certificates. This promotion will run from July 1 to August 31, 2013. Redemption is valid until 60 days from end of promo period. 

We also participated in a Vintage Pizza quiz where we answered some trivia on the pizzas they served. In return, we got awesome vintage necklaces. Each one was different. I got a cute Eiffel one.


Thank you CPK Philippines!






Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. our fave salad is the Moroccan Chicken. Sarap talaga! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It suddenly became one of mine too when I tried it.

      Delete
  2. lucky!!! Wish they had similar versions of those pizzas here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are going to bring them back in all their restaurants. :)

      Delete
  3. Yuuum! You can never go wrong with pizza! (well except maybe for Hawaiian)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hawaiian is Allie's all-time favorite pizza!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...