Tuesday, June 11

Event: Wicked in Manila! Yes!


I am THISCLOSE to confrming that Wicked will be coming to Manila. Yes. THISCLOSE. Maybe closer.



Wicked is the musical basis of Gregory Maguire's book of the same title. It is somewhat a prequel to the Wizard of Oz -- the story of Elphaba (Wicked Witch of the West) and Glinda (Good Witch of the North).

Sidenote: Elphaba's name came from the initials of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' author L. Frank Baum. Haha, sorry ngayon ko lang nalaman.

Okay, so I've been browsing through tweets of those I follow. One tweet led me to an article from
ABS-CBN. What did it say? Nothing official, but some teasers from the supposed producer who's bringing Wicked to Manila!

Concertus Manila, a well-known full-service entertainment company who brought shows to Manila like  the Phantom of the Opera, very recently put up in their Facebook page a cover photo and another photo. See for yourself.

Concertus Manila Facebook page (June 10, 2013)

First teaser: "Where will she strike next?" is part of Wicked's "Thank Goodness" song. I can just hear Filipino fans of Wicked saying "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god". Hahaha!


Concertus Manila Facebook page (June 10, 2013)
Second teaser: This photo was added later on. "Prepare to be spellbound" is Wicked's tagline in their UK tour.

Ticketworld Manila's Instagram page

Final teaser: This was posted by Ticketworld Manila on their Instagram page as #goodnews.

Well, these are just teasers, but they might as well launch an official statement, right? Hmm, it's confirmation enough for me. :-) I am so gonna watch! Are you?




Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Super excited for you guys, saw this for my last birthday and it was awesome! Even my hubby (who's not a big musical fan) loved it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vel, I've seen it already too. But I'm still excited to watch it again. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...