Monday, June 2

My Top 10 Baby Must-Haves

I've been often asked what I bought for Allie when I had her. It was my first time being a mom and I must say I overbought. Whenever I found something adorable in the store, I bought it. But in the long-run, I learned that there's only a handful of items that I actually needed.

So here is my top 10 list with my trusted brands that I definitely recommend to all moms out there who are about to have a baby.

No. 1 Baby Must-Have: Diapers



Pampers, for me, is, by far, the best disposable diaper for babies. I've tried countless brands, and I still go back. It's a brand I trust, because it hasn't failed me yet. I always get the Active Baby kind (purple) or Swaddlers (US version). I found that they're more comfy for my baby. You can never have enough so make sure you add this to your gift registry, if ever you have one.


If you like the reusable diaper kind, I suggest you get the adjustable ones like BumGenius with washable cotton inserts. It's a one-size fits all type of cloth diapers. Before buying though, you have to be sure that you can go through washing them every time they're soiled. I would say at least 20 pieces would last you until your child is potty-trained.

No. 2 Baby Must-Have: Desitin


At some point, your baby might get diaper rash. The one I get is Desitin Maximum Strength. Anything with zinc oxide, really, but I tried a British brand, and that one did not stick to my baby's bum as well as Desitin. So whenever I go to the US, I make it a point to buy a couple. It lasts really long too.

No. 3 Baby Must-Have: Baby Bottles


I've been a fan of Life Factory glass bottles, and I always, always recommend these to my friends and family. They have cute silicone sleeves that help prevent breakage. They're easy to clean too. I really don't remove the sleeve when I clean them. 

No. 4 Baby Must-Have: Bottle Cleaner


I've tried all kinds of bottle cleaners, and the one problem that keeps on popping up is the bottle stand. Most bottle brushes don't have stands nor containers. Some have the stand, but it's a pain when traveling. When I discovered the Oxo Tot On-the-Go Drying Rack with Bottle Brush, I was so relieved. It not only solved my problem at home, but I can also easily pack it in my bag when we travel. I couldn't leave home without it. Dig this -- you can buy the brush separately too so when it's time to retire it, you can get a new brush easily without having to buy the drying rack again. I wish, though, that they sell it here because I'm sure a lot of moms will truly love this.

No. 5 Baby Must-Have: Baby Wash
The gentle kind is always the best. I've been a Johnson's Baby lover, and I use the Head-to-Toe wash for my baby. Sometimes I use the Shea scent because it's just so awesome. I also love the lavender scent or the milk one. I really don't have a favorite as long as it's from Johnson's Baby because of their no-tears formula.

No. 6 Baby Must-Have: Halo Sleepsack


Forget those adorable crib beddings and opt for the Halo Sleepsack. They do the same thing and they're safer for your baby. Halo Sleepsacks are wearable blankets that help prevent SIDS

No. 7 Baby Must-Have: Infant Car Seat

The car seat we got was from Baby Trend. We got hooked with the triangular handle and the easy snap on and off from the car base. The triangular handle made it easy to carry, and I know that you will do this pretty often, so might as well make it comfortable. 

No. 8 Baby Must-Have: Stroller


I have no regrets buying our Bumbleride Indie. It's an all-around stroller and very easy to maneuver on the streets. Even on uneven sidewalks. One thing to remember is that you got to make sure that your car seat is compatible with the stroller.

No. 9 Baby Must-Have: Baby Bag


My advice? Get a manly baby bag so your hubby can carry it without him being embarrassed. Haha. We got ours from Diaper Dude.

No. 10 Baby Must-Have: Crib or a Co-Sleeper



I love having the baby inside our room, but we didn't have enough room for a crib, so we got a play yard. If you have a nursery, get a crib that can transform into a toddler bed so you can use it way after.

The most important thing to check first is to see if there are product recalls on the product you wish to buy. Please check Consumer Safety Product Safety Commission first.

I guess you're wondering about baby clothes. I have a close-knit family, and I get tons of hand-me-downs and gifts from family. As for milk, try to feed your baby breast milk. If you do and find it easy, try to express milk using a pump. I suggest getting a Medela for this one. It's a brand I have no issues with. 

So that's my list. I hope this helps!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Great round-up! For diaper rash though, I love calmoseptine the best, my kids loved it since it has calamine. And bottles for me are avent. I've been doing a lot of research on strollers and I actually got the uppababy already, but may be returning it since I am in love with the 4moms origami stroller!!!! I also love their breeze play yard http://www.4moms.com/breeze, you have to check it out, I have that one too for my upcoming baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love 4moms too. Theycame out with breeze and origami way after I had Allie. I would have gotten both!

      Delete
    2. There's always something new, nakaka-shock talaga, I have spent hours looking at different new products and reviews on youtube out there! Naloka ang asawa ko so he left all the decision making up to me! LOL!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...